Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another voice enters

Back in the "old" days (yes, when I started out), newspapers had manual typewriters, hot metal presses and something called a rewrite desk. Reporters in the field would call in from pay phones (remember those?) with notes, observations or updates to the rewrite editor who would string together a comprehensive, readable story that combined all the elements and try to put those elements into perspective. Well, as I interact with different people in our communities, read analyses and trends and most importantly listen, I get a wide range of news, reliable tidbits and informed opinion. I've had the good fortune of living in a number of different communities and certain contrasting perspectives start to emerge. Hence, the title of this blog. These perspectives can be altered over time with new information and I hope to share the originals and their adaptations when I can.
I would enjoy very much hearing your perspectives and, hopefully, we can have a civil (I underline "civil") dialogue and learn from each other.
* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment